I have been up since 6:30am for no reason other than that shiny orb outside is evil.
I have since been trying to make you a video but iMovie has gone all tardy on me and keeps crashing when I try to open it from any user account. I’ll fix it later.
What I was going to say in a video:
1. Harry Potter dies in the end. It’s very macabre. (You know I actually have no idea, right? I didn’t see spoilers, I’m just messing with you.)
2. I went to an event last night. At said event:
- a. I got to hang out with the crew I used to work with fresh out of college.
b. I ordered “something yummy” from the cash bar and got a Cape Codder (not yummy, who thinks cranberry juice is “yummy”?!??).
c. The hors d’oeuvres were fucking amazing. I ate two black bean and corn empanadas and two veggie egg rolls in an Asian chili sauce.
d. I saw a rabbit. A biiiiiig rabbit.
e. Dinner was fucking amazing: green beans with ginger shallot butter, mixed greens with (tasty something or other) vinaigrette, fresh tomato and basil with balsamic vinegar, herbed rice pilaf, lemon chicken, spinach and cheese ravioli, and marinated flank steak. I ate it all. And I never “eat it all” when I’m at events because usually the food sucks ass. The guy next to me (not Hay, the other guy) went back to get a second plate and I stared longingly at it while I thought of stealing it from him.
f. Dessert sucked. Let me just explain that this is okay with me because dinner was so good that I didn’t actually want dessert. The only good thing about dessert was the single, solitary strawberry that I ate. Perfectly sweet and juicy.
g. The after dinner coffee was also amazing. Kudos to whoever put the right amount of grounds into the coffee brewer. I like it BOLD, not like tea.
h. There was a live 80s cover band. I love 80s music so I had a very good time just sitting in my chair singing along and chair dancing (because I’m not coordinated enough to stand-up dance and nobody asked me and I’m not asking anybody there, thanks).
i. There were gift boxes on the table. When I opened mine I found inside of it one of those balls that if you squeeze it the inside flashes different colors of light. It was actually a necklace. One of the other people at the table received a Hello Kitty smarties dispenser (not Pez) and she didn’t want it so she gave it to me. I shall be sending it to my mom.
j. I had great conversations with people at my table as well as when milling about. When I am completely comfortable with a group of people I’ll chat everybody up. Those people are like family (the good members only, thanks) so it was a very enjoyable time.
k. I texted a few of you (Sour, H, and K) from the car when I was leaving the party and you all seemed to be doing very interesting things. Am I the only one who usually just sits at home on a Friday night?! Hmm.
3. I’m mowing the lawn at some point during this absolutely gorgeous day. I wonder what adventures I’ll have. (My thumb and hand are completely better, by the way.)
4. I’m probably going to see the Harry Potter movie tonight and getting the book tomorrow or next week. I don’t mind if you email me to tell me the ending, it’s fine.
Update: Avi told me the ending in IM. Now, now, people. I did ask him to. So, no throwing things at him. I still don’t own book 7 and I still haven’t gone to the theater to see the current film.
5. I have lots of days off next week because (it’s my birthday…oh, you’re still reading? hi!) so I’m a bit crazy with work at the moment. I’m probably going to do some of it this weekend so that it’s just over with. I get to do mock-ups of a web page (I’m not sure how many I’m doing…20?) and my creative process is hindered by all the work interruptions, so doing this at home just makes sense. Avi‘s work ethic has rubbed off on me. (Stop humping my leg! YOU ARE SUCH A PERV.
6. Feist is coming to visit me in September. I am quietly excited.
7. Speaking of visit, remember how I said I needed to hurry up and meet bloggers? In a two week period starting at the end of September I will be meeting seven bloggers. I am so very not quietly excited, but I’m (WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT) playing it cool. If Crys gets that Newf this weekend I will be scheming a visit to her swath of the woods as well. (All of you living around her, watch out for the Poppy Tornado. [I'm pretty sure I just made a monkey noise.])
Is it unlucky to end a list at 7? Hm.