I am off to the land next door to celebrate New Year’s with people I like but don’t love. I hope you’re with people you like, love, like and love, or at least don’t hate and that you stay safe, healthy, and happy as the clock strikes 2008.
I started dancing to Morning Lemon by The Chemical Brothers and Ripley stared at me then came running over to have me pick her up so I could dance with her. She let me hold her for the entire song and purred the whole time while we danced.
Then look at the drinks you probably want to avoid if you’re watching your girlish figure:
* White Russian, made of coffee liqueur, vodka, and cream, it has 863 calories!
* Mudslide, which is basically a White Russian with the addition of Bailey’s Irish Cream and chocolate syrup. No wonder it’s 851 calories.
* Hot Buttered Rum Latte exceeds the recommended daily intake of sugar by 36 grams.
* Chocolate Martini is probably the least evil on the list because “chocolate is healthy.” It’s also 438 calories.
* Admittedly, we had never heard of the Blushin’ Russian, and wonder why not because it has delicious Amaretto in it! Oh yeah, maybe because we’d rather take 404 calories as a Big Mac.
* Mulled Wine is bad?!?! We were crushed, but if you make it yourself and cut back on the sugar, you’ll do better than the usual 356 calories and 40 grams of carbs.
* Eggnog, surprisingly, is lower than the previous half dozen drinks with only 343 calories, but we think it’s evil comes from the fact that you drink at least one every night, everywhere you go, from Thanksgiving to New Year’s.
* Brandy Alexander has 297 calories. Oh well. There goes another luscious creamy drink.
* At 210 calories, Irish Coffee is the slimmest of the cocktails, but let’s not get crazy. It’s still 210 calories that you could down in 20 seconds (you’ll also burn your mouth, but that’s not the point, now is it?)
I am still sick. I’m finally coughing up green stuff and my voice has gone all deep and sexy (har) so I’m finally on the mend. I went to the store last night but forgot to buy cold medicine so I’m completely out of the nighttime stuff. Will remedy this (ha!) after going out with The Cousins tonight. We actually hung out last night too so Cousin La could see Superbad for the first time. I learned that my younger cousin has a modified Fuck It Bucket so her nickname will be Cousin FuBu. I say modified because, instead of eating candy out of it, she and her roommates write down stuff that bothers them then stick it in the bucket and say, “fuck it!” Clever.
Just for you all I made a video of my sick voice, with special appearance by George-Porge:
I still have a cold. With goo dripping profusely from my nose.
I am not dressed yet, but I have to leave in -3 minutes.
I am seeing my high school best friend for lunch.
I am taking care of Nigel again, since PiC and HLW were kind enough to ask me to kittysit again as they drove by my house (with TLQ in the back seat) to go to HLW’s brother’s wedding.
I got cool presents from bloggers, but I feel like keeping them to myself and not sharing. Let’s just say I need hamburger for one of them, and I’m pretty effing excited about that. (Protein!)
I am obsessed with the scale my parents got me for Christmas. I’m not obsessed with my weight, just the scale itself. It’s see-through to the floor and it’s digital. I spent a lot of time staring through it to the floor and then watching the digits count up to my actual weight. It’s just way too much fun.
I ordered GHIII for Mac on Dec 17 and it still hasn’t shipped yet. Fuckers.