Angelina Jolie is definitely pregnant again (or she knows how to stuff really well…)
I have a rather large bruise on my left shin. It’s about 6″ long. I remember in my head thinking, “I bet this is gonna bruise” but I don’t remember where I was or what I was doing when I said that, so I have no recollection of how I got it. That disturbs me, especially since I haven’t had any alcohol or crack in at least a week. (I’m kidding! I haven’t had alcohol in two weeks. [i make myself laugh])
On the way into work I suddenly wanted to write a post about how my dad is a conspiracy theorist and how he deduced that couples who carpool end up getting divorced. I was part of a couple who carpooled. I’m also left-handed and I think my dad knows some lefties who got divorced, so that really does nothing to disprove his point other than to say that lots of people with lots of life circumstances get divorced. But, just a word to the weary: If you feel like carpooling with your partner is a control mechanism please ponder that a while then bring it up. I had some pretty unpleasant fights about carpooling, the final of which ended up with me saying “FUCK OFF!” and slamming the car door. I wasn’t sure I’d be picked up from work that day…
If you’d like to keep your skin clear might I suggest that you not eat a bunch of chocolate and fried food? Because those will make you break out even if you’re old like me. I had chocolatey cookies, chocolatey Reese’s pb cup eggs, then mini veggie corn dogs, potato skins, mozzarella sticks, and mini egg rolls, all drenched in a thin layer of vegetable oil on a cookie sheet, yesterday and now my skin is attempting to revolt. I’m fighting the revolt. I’m not confident I’ll win. (See? I TOLD YOU I feed my body what it asks for. I’m not kidding about that. Appropriate dipping sauces for that dinner: Mustard, marinara sauce, and teriyaki mixed with Szechuan sauce. I know you wanted to know.)
Ripley whacked me in the face with her tail this morning, as in up over her head into my face, and it was all wet. I have no idea why it was all wet. It could have been water from a sink, or it could have been pee. I’m disturbed either way. I love my girls, will do anything for them, will gladly clean up their various messes when they have them (my favorite was making Ripley lie on her back while I cleaned smeary poop off her ass for 20 minutes with Cotonelle wipes a few months back and saying, “YOU STINK!” while she stared at me with her “Mama, I loooooove you” eyes), but I guess I don’t really enjoy being hit in the face with wet tail. And this confirms that I am glad I got the braces instead of the Lasik, because if I didn’t have glasses on I would have had wet tail eyes this morning instead of wet tail glasses.
I just looked down on my office floor and saw a milk ring. Obviously when I drank that bottle of milk I forgot I wasn’t home and threw the milk ring on the floor for the kittos. So sad…
I spent all weekend thinking I saw Georgie out of the corner of my eye. Granted, I was at a place where pets were allowed, but pets require a $300 deposit and a non-refundable $25/day/pet fee. So, you KNOW I didn’t bring the kittos with me. They were fine with two ginormous bowls of water, a cup of water, two ginormous bowls of food, and a litter-chocked litter box.
I had an Americano this morning. I am now drinking the iced Americano. I really need to pee. Bye. :smiles:
Josiah Leming explains what’s up next for him:
And Simon Cowell admits Josiah should have been in the top 24. No shit, Shirley.
Well, that was a nice little blogcation.
(And by nice I mean FANFUCKINGTASTIC, but who’s counting?)
I made 3 batches of cookies.
I cleaned all my dishes again with that fantastic dish soap.
I did laundry.
I made my bed.
I watched part of Brooklyn Rules and hated it so probably won’t finish it.
I took a nap.
Ummmm… hmm. I think I might be forgetting something.
Oh, yup! I hung out with Dawg! (*giggle*)
In case you didn’t notice already, that man makes me stupid in a good way.
Anyway, here are some highlights from our time together, cuz you all just aren’t sick of us yet, right? (yah, you totally are, but too bad) :
Dawg also took an entire series of hotel photos and we took hilarious and sweet photos of us in front of the mirrors, but I think I’ll let him decide if he wants to post those.
I’d also like to add, since it will annoy him that I say this: That man works harder than anyone I know. He worked a full day in the city then drove to me in a snowstorm so we could go vacation together, then he was actually on duty all weekend so kept getting calls from (stupid) people who didn’t know how to handle shit, and Dawg handled it effortlessly no matter when — middle of the night, first thing in the morning, while he was writing his Sunday post, while we watched a movie (more on that later). He is amazing at coordinating and troubleshooting and changing the plan when shit hits the fan and calming people down and saying sorry even when things are not his fault to say he’s sorry. I am in awe of him. And right this minute he is on his way back to the city to go to a work meeting tonight. And now you know why it is the ultimate in irony that he ever says he’s lazy.
/gush off (for a minute, maybe)
I bet you don’t believe me when I say that I’m taking a weekend off from the blog.
Well, I am. Just didn’t want you thinking there’d be new content Friday through Sunday. -ish.
And didn’t want people emailing me, “what’s wrong?! is everything ok?! omg, you have to tell me!”
So, um, a lot of you are new enough that you’ll have tons of fun delving into my archives. I enjoy reading my archives because I never remember having said any of the stuff I said in the past! Especially the stuff where I was high on Tramadol. Ahhh, good times… But I’ll leave it up to you to guess which posts were Written Under the Influence.
Anyway, enjoy the silence!
:kitteh: :kitteh: :kitteh:
(Yah, WordPress, you ARE my bitch!!!!)
moar humorous pics
That one makes me snicker snicker snicker and think of the last Wii party with Break Boy and PiC trying to cream each other on the Wii court. I do believe PiC ran into the partition behind him and almost smacked His Lovely Wife in the face with his forehand. Luckily she was not holding Too Legit to Quit at the time…
Cannot wait until next Wii party, which won’t happen if I don’t organize it. Hmm.
Hot mama with a beautiful voice. Cuz you asked. Her shoes are awesome…
Thank goodness for short weeks. Too bad tomorrow I have at least 5 hours worth of meetings…
Sometimes I wonder what my intentions actually are for doing certain things.
Do you ever wonder that?
I mean, … I always think I’m a nice person, doing things for or with others just because I’m nice and I want them to be happy. And then I catch myself in a moment of wondering if my intentions are as pure as I thought they were. What am I getting out of it? I’m getting something out of it. I am not as selfless as I hoped. Because even in being selfless I am enjoying the feeling of being selfless, and therefore am actually selfish.
Not saying there’s anything wrong with that, I just wish I wouldn’t notice I was being so kind hearted, because as soon as I notice it means I’m conceited.
Ok, not really. Just more memes. First up is one from Fab, called Crazy 8s:
8 Things I’m Passionate About
1. My kittos
2. (sigh. you’re gonna make me say it, aren’t you. and make everyone sick.) Dawg
4. Matt Damon
5. My friends and family (the ones I’m close with)
6. Children and animals (please don’t leave me any pedophile or bestiality comments, you know that’s not what I mean)
8 Things I Want to Do Before I Die
1. Um. I’ll get back to you on this. My life is kinda in transition at the moment.
2. But I would like to do more travelling.
8 Things I Say Often
2. Je n’suis pas amusée!!!
3. You’re a pretty princess, yes you are!
5. Shut UP. (*shove*)
7. Fuck (and its variants)
8. Ça va?
8 Books I’ve Read Recently
1. I’ve been busy.
8. Unless we want to count the 8 security manuals… (how about: SANS security manuals!)
8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over
1. Satellite by DMB
2. My Love by JT (shut up.)
3. Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson
4. Barracuda by Heart
5. Sabotage by Beastie Boys
6. Miss Murder by AFI
7. Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N’ Roses
8. Freeeeeeeeeeee Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd
8 Things That Attract Me to My Best Friends
1. Uh… attract me to my best friends?
2. Like, make me wanna do them?
6. Nice, big hands (even if the fingers are technically the same length as mine…
8 People I Think Should Do Crazy 8s
(You know who You are.)
Then another meme from Tense:
Hi, my name is… Poppy Milicent Cede
When I’m nervous… I go quiet.
By this time next year… :smiles: I don’t know yet, but I’m looking forward to finding out.
Last night I… broke my blog. Cuz I’m smaht.
PART 1: YOU
Were you a planned baby? Yes.
Were you the first? No. In fact I was almost 6 years after my brother. He was a handful and then some.
PART 2: YOUR PERSONALITY
Do you have low self esteem? Not in general, but about certain things I do. By default I’m pretty fucking confident.
Do you get depressed about things easily? Depends what the things are. Certain things I get depressed just by their mention.
Are you happy right now? Yes, very.
PART 3: APPEARANCE
Are you comfortable with the way you look? Uh huh. :smiles:
Describe your hair: Dyed and soft.
PART 4: RANDOM
Ever been kicked out of a bar? No, but almost… in Canada. :smiles:
Ever been arrested? Nope.
PART 5: THE OUTDOORS
Do you prefer indoors or outdoors? I prefer to be indoors unless it’s the ocean or something really fun. (NO CAMPING, BLECHYUCK.)
Do you like walking in the rain? Yes, very much.
Do you like thunderstorms? Yes, very much.
PART 6: FOOD
Are you a vegetarian? Not exactly. I enjoy meat but I tend to not cook meat for myself.
Anything you absolutely could eat forever? Lots of things. Anything potato.
What is your favorite dessert? Depends. Sometimes it’s more of dinner. Sometimes it’s chocolate. Sometimes it’s other stuff. I’m not that predictable.
PART 7: RELATIONSHIPS AND LOVE
Do you want to get married? Next question, please and thanks. :smiles:
Have you ever been in love? Yes.
Are you in a relationship? Yes.
PART 8: RANDOM QUESTIONS
1. Where is your cell phone? In my pocket.
2. Cheesecake? (blink) I love cheesecake, if you’re offering me some.
3. Your dream last night? That Fab was giving me shit for not fixing my blog before I went to bed.
4. Your favorite drink? Fountain soda Coke, skim milk on the rocks, a yummy beer, and ice water all tie.
5. Car you want? The one I have! But 4WD would have been nice.
6. Your fears? Losing those most important to me. (Yay, I figured out a fear!) And needles.
7. Who are you hanging out with tonight? The kittos.
8. One of your wish list items? A wii. :smiles:
9. Where did you grow up? Here.
10. What are you wearing? That’s so fucking forward.
11. Tattoos? I don’t have any, but I enjoy them. :smiles:
12. Ketchup? In the voice of Uma: Three tomatoes are walking down the street- a papa tomato, a mama tomato, and a little baby tomato. Baby tomato starts lagging behind. Papa tomato gets angry, goes over to the baby tomato, and smooshes him… and says, …
13. Your computer? Intel MacBook Pro
14. Your life? Pretty fucking awesome, thanks.
15. Your friends? Also pretty fucking awesome, thanks.
16. What are you thinking about right now? (rolling eyes)
17. Your work? It’s fun when they use my talents.
18. Your summer? It sucked ass, but I’m guessing next summer is gonna rock.
19. Your favorite color(s)? Green to look at, blue/black to wear
20. When is the last time you laughed? A few minutes ago? I laugh all the time.
21. Last time you cried? Friday
22. Last text? Err, which way? And, what about it? Incoming was when I got home last night, outgoing was when I woke up this morning. I’m not sharing either, even though they’re not dirty.
23. Last received call? This morning. :smiles:
24. Last IM? WHAT ARE YOU ASKING, MEME. This morning.
Part 9: LIFE
1. Who knows the most about you? Me.
2. Whom do you blame for your mood today? :smiles:
3. Have you ever seen a dead body? Yes.
4. What should we do with stupid people? Eat them?
5. What is making you sad right now? Nothing.
6. What was the first thing you did this morning? Checked my voicemail. :smiles:
7. Who was your last kiss? Furry: Georgie/Ripley/Allie. Less furry: Dawg.
8. What is your most missed childhood memory? If I’m interpreting the intent of the question, time with my brother.
9. Last person you went out to eat with? Dawg.
10. Are you spoiled? Yes. But not by request/demand.
11. Do you drink lots of water? I drink a fair amount.
12. What toothpaste do you use? Rembrandt Classic wintergreen
13. How do you vent your anger? I swear like a salty sailor.
14. The last compliment you received? That I am smart and beautiful and make someone feel really mushy inside. (Ok, technically, I received a bunch more since, but this is the one that’s out there so it’s the one I’ll admit to.)
15. What did you do last weekend? That’s chronicled here.
16. When was the last time you threw up? Um. My body is very unintelligent when it comes to getting things out my mouth that shouldn’t be in my tummy. So, … oh, yah. Um, I just remembered and I’d rather not say. Too personal.
17. What theme does your room have? No theme.
18. Are you a mama’s child or a daddy’s child? Mama’s child. :love:
19. Would you ever join the military? I would if I had to, but it wouldn’t be a choice I would make by default.
20. The last website you visited? Rude Cactus
21. Who was the last person you took a picture with? Dawg
22. Last person you went to the movies with? Dawg
did you do/will you do for your birthday this year? I dunno! I like surprises so I tend to not plan stuff for myself. :smiles:
24. Number of layers on your bed? Three blankets above the fitted sheet.
25. Is anything alive in your room? Me.
26. Today, would you rather go back a week or go forward? Forward. But, um, could we just go forward a few days? Thanks.
27. What are you looking forward to right now? :smiles: No comment.
Part 10: IF YOU HAD TO:
1. If you HAD to get a tattoo, where would you want it? Left hip, but in front, not on the side.
2. If you HAD to dye your hair a color what color would it be? The color it is now, silly.
3. If you HAD to get a piercing (THAT ISN’T YOUR EARS) where would it be? I’m kinda allergic to jewelry that goes through me (but not allergic to hand jewelry) so… I really won’t be doing this.
4. If you HAD to change your name, what new name would you choose? I am, in fact, changing my name! It will be my birth name preserved with my mom’s maiden name tacked on the end.