It’s funny how there’s your reality of a situation, someone else’s reality of a situation, and the truth of a situation. The three can sometimes be so mismatched that you spend a really long time battling against closure and (what’s that other adult word people like to use?) forgiveness. Yesterday I finally quit the battle and forgave myself for my part in one of the most ridiculously mismatched situations I’ve ever been a part of.
As with life there are also many interpretations to music. One of my great friends on Facebook tagged me to play a little iTunes game:
1) Turn on your music player.
2) Go to SHUFFLE songs mode.
3) Write down the first however many songs you want that come up–song title and artist–NO cheating, please.
She suggested that if your shuffle presented you with the same artist more than once you should remove the duplicate and shuffle again so that any given artist or group is represented only once.
And here were my results:
1. The Fame – Lady GaGa (<--- this is how iTunes writes her name, instead of Gaga)
2. Run - Snow Patrol
3. Bojangles Remix - Pitbull featuring Lil Jon &Ying Yang Twins
4. I Like It Rough - Lady GaGa
5. The Chase - DJ Rob3
6. How You Like Me Now? (Single Edit) - The Heavy
7. When Love Takes Over - David Guetta featuring Kelly Rowland
8. No Compromise - John Deere
9. Rocket - Def Leppard
10. None of Dem - Robyn
11. High Roller - The Crystal Method
12. Ring-a-Ling - Black Eyed Peas
13. Cars That Go Boom - L'Trimm
14. More Than Friends - Estelle
15. Control Me - Booka Shade
16. Big Rooms Bigger Tunes - Stu Hirst
17. Hey Boy Hey Girl - The Chemical Brothers
18. Florida - Modest Mouse
19. Fever - Adam Lambert
20. Sabotage - Beastie Boys
21. Good Girls Go Bad - Cobra Starship
22. 1 Thing - Amerie featuring Eve
23. Yes - LMFAO
24. We Walk - The Ting Tings
25. So Simple - Alicia Keys
I didn't take out my one duplicate (#4) but if I had then #25 would be:
25. No Joy in Mudville - Death Cab for Cutie
If I had to hazard a guess about myself based on this playlist I'd say I'm a really aggressive lover who enjoys also being aggressed upon by a famous guy who goes to Florida with me once in a while. Nice.
I just thought this was fun. And it made me happy so I’m sharing.
And finally, in closing: Happy birthday, Big Brother. I <3 u, old man.