I just spent ALL of Saturday writing the Poppy awards post. I am so drained, and I’m not even done yet. Luckily I have this meme I filled out on Friday when I was being completely non-verbal on the blog. I’m just feeling like I need to be prompted to say anything, so memes and quizzes it is.
1. What curse word do you use the most?
“Fuck” and its variations. (I’m particularly fond of muttering “fucking fucker fuck” when I’m completely alone.)
2. Do you own an iPod?
Yes, which I bought myself for my 30th birthday even though it was supposedly given to me.
3. Who on your MySpace “Top 8” do you talk to the most?
I don’t even know who’s part of my top 8.
4. What time is your alarm clock set for?
6:45am but lately Georgie’s been waking me up at 5:30am with her icy “FEED ME, WOMAN!!” stare.
5. What color is your room?
6. Flip flops or sneakers?
Out of those two choices it’ll be sneakers with inserts, thanks. No inserts, my back flares up.
7. Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?
8. What was the last movie you watched?
Kill Bill Volume 1 and Kill Bill Volume 2 double header!
9. Do any of your friends have children?
All my local friends have children.
10. Has anyone ever called you lazy?
My uncle did once, and it resulted in me and my mom moving out of the house he and my grandmother own and into a hotel for a few weeks while Mom secured an apartment. My uncle doesn’t think I’m lazy now, he thinks I’m awesome. (Likewise, Uncle.)
11. Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep faster?
I occasionally take Advil PM which I keep calling Tylenol PM, but I take Tylenol arthritis strength for my back and leg flare-ups so taking MORE Tylenol for bedtime is a bad idea. I wake up groggy and ornery when I take sleep meds, so I try not to.
12. What CD is currently in your CD player?
Solid Gold Hits ~ Beastie Boys
13. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk?
Ice-cold skim milk on the rocks (“extra cold,” I suppose).
14. Has anyone told you a secret this week?
Probably. I’m a vault, so people do that.
15. Have you ever given someone a hickey?
I have, although I much prefer to receive.
16. Who was the last person to call you?
17. Do you think people talk about you behind your back?
I’m guessing they do.
18. Did you watch cartoons as a child?
Yes, although I preferred the cerebral ones like “Tom & Jerry” and “Dungeons & Dragons” and ZOMG!!!`!!!~1!!@~ “VOLTRON”!!!
20. Are you shy around the opposite sex?
I am randomly shy around people, so yes.
21. What movie do you know every line to?
… … … How about Clockwatchers or Office Space? Yup.
22. Do you own any band t-shirts?
Yes. My favorite is my 1993 Spin Doctors tour t-shirt from a very famous town a few exits away.
23. What is your favorite salad dressing?
Blue cheese and Caesar tie for top. Depends if I want creamy or not.
24. Do you read for fun?
25. Do you cry a lot?
I used to cry a lot a lot because I was really unhappy all the time. Now, not so much. Although, I did cry twice this past week for the first time since December. Both times this week were because I missed someone, but not the same person.
26. Who was the last person to text message you?
FFiB (um, surprise…)
27. Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop?
28. Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoo?
NO to piercings (I have a funny story about getting my ears pierced, which explains my aversion. oh, and…NEEDLES). I’m not actively wanting a tattoo, but the idea shoots through my mind randomly. I think I’m going through a bad girl phase.
29. What is the weather like?
IT’S FUCKING COLD.
30. Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos?
31. Is sex before marriage wrong?
No. And sex during marriage isn’t wrong either. :grins:
32. When was the last time you slept on the floor?
Hmm. I have no idea.
33. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
8. Ok, ok… 7. But I can do 3. But I prefer 10.
34. Are you in love or lust?
35. Are your days full and fast-paced?
My mind instantly jumped to work, and my work answer is that it depends if there is a security incident to handle.
36. Do you pay attention to calories on the back of packages?
Well, I look at them and think, “wow, that’s a lot of calories” or “wow, that’s not many calories” then I shove the food in my mouth anyway.
37. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
38. Are you picky about spelling and grammar?
I am much more laid back about it than I used to be. That said, I have to proof my own blog entries about 12 times — before, during, and after they’re published.
39. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Asked and answered. But I absolutely love going to amusement parks so I hope there are many more in my future (hint hint hint hint HINT, hi, hint).
40. Do you get along better with the same or opposite sex?
Depends, but generally guys and I get along much better. I’m not very girlie.
41. Do you like cottage cheese?
I :heart: cottage cheese! Thanks, Gram, for making me eat it as a kid.
42. Do you sleep on your side, tummy, or back?
Sides, although my best sleep is when I am so tired that I can fall asleep on my back or stomach.
43. Have you ever bid for something on eBay?
Yes? I’ve definitely bought on eBay.
44. Do you enjoy giving hugs?
Yes, and I give really good hugs, as a few of you know.
45. What song did you last sing out loud?
Sabotage by Beasties.
46. What is your favorite TV show?
“10 Items or Less” and “Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Gauntlet III” tie for first because I have them both through iTunes and I’m not done watching them.
47. Which celebrity, dead or alive, would you want to have lunch with?
I’m absolutely certain this is a trick question. I suck at this question. … Matt Damon? Since, ya know, I am fucking him.
48. Last time you had butterflies in your stomach?
The very late evening of February 14.
49. What one thing do you wish you had?
FFiB (He’s not here right now, please leave a message. *beep*)
50. Favorite lyrics?
You know my answer would be arbitrary anyway so I’ll just be cute and say “it’s classified!” and not give one.
No good? Ok, ok, how about Don’t Let’s Start by the Johns:
You know I want you (yes, you!) to do this meme, but I don’t like pressuring people into doing things. So… yah.Continue reading →
I know a lot of people don’t like Valentine’s day because it’s admittedly just a day for the retail world to profit from our sense of guilt over not treating our loved ones properly for the rest of the year, so I’ll say this: Food in heart-shaped form is sexy.
I’ll also say that my man FFiB treated me right for Valentine’s day by taking me out to steak dinner, showering me with gifts, giving me the sweetest card on the entire planet, and whispering sweet definitely-somethings in my ear. Yay, me. :smiles:
Hope everyone has a great day, whether you celebrate the “holiday” or not. :winks:Continue reading →