I just spent ALL of Saturday writing the Poppy awards post. I am so drained, and I’m not even done yet. Luckily I have this meme I filled out on Friday when I was being completely non-verbal on the blog. I’m just feeling like I need to be prompted to say anything, so memes and quizzes it is.
1. What curse word do you use the most?
“Fuck” and its variations. (I’m particularly fond of muttering “fucking fucker fuck” when I’m completely alone.)
2. Do you own an iPod?
Yes, which I bought myself for my 30th birthday even though it was supposedly given to me.
3. Who on your MySpace “Top 8” do you talk to the most?
I don’t even know who’s part of my top 8.
4. What time is your alarm clock set for?
6:45am but lately Georgie’s been waking me up at 5:30am with her icy “FEED ME, WOMAN!!” stare.
5. What color is your room?
6. Flip flops or sneakers?
Out of those two choices it’ll be sneakers with inserts, thanks. No inserts, my back flares up.
7. Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?
8. What was the last movie you watched? Kill Bill Volume 1 and Kill Bill Volume 2 double header!
9. Do any of your friends have children?
All my local friends have children.
10. Has anyone ever called you lazy?
My uncle did once, and it resulted in me and my mom moving out of the house he and my grandmother own and into a hotel for a few weeks while Mom secured an apartment. My uncle doesn’t think I’m lazy now, he thinks I’m awesome. (Likewise, Uncle.)
11. Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep faster?
I occasionally take Advil PM which I keep calling Tylenol PM, but I take Tylenol arthritis strength for my back and leg flare-ups so taking MORE Tylenol for bedtime is a bad idea. I wake up groggy and ornery when I take sleep meds, so I try not to.
12. What CD is currently in your CD player? Solid Gold Hits ~ Beastie Boys
13. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk?
Ice-cold skim milk on the rocks (“extra cold,” I suppose).
14. Has anyone told you a secret this week?
Probably. I’m a vault, so people do that.
15. Have you ever given someone a hickey?
I have, although I much prefer to receive.
16. Who was the last person to call you?
17. Do you think people talk about you behind your back?
I’m guessing they do.
18. Did you watch cartoons as a child?
Yes, although I preferred the cerebral ones like “Tom & Jerry” and “Dungeons & Dragons” and ZOMG!!!`!!!~1!!@~ “VOLTRON”!!!
19. How many siblings do you have?
Hmm. You ask my brother, I have just the one. You ask my sister, I have two. You ask B or Sour, I have four.
20. Are you shy around the opposite sex?
I am randomly shy around people, so yes.
21. What movie do you know every line to?
… … … How about Clockwatchers or Office Space? Yup.
22. Do you own any band t-shirts?
Yes. My favorite is my 1993 Spin Doctors tour t-shirt from a very famous town a few exits away.
23. What is your favorite salad dressing?
Blue cheese and Caesar tie for top. Depends if I want creamy or not.
24. Do you read for fun?
25. Do you cry a lot?
I used to cry a lot a lot because I was really unhappy all the time. Now, not so much. Although, I did cry twice this past week for the first time since December. Both times this week were because I missed someone, but not the same person.
26. Who was the last person to text message you?
FFiB (um, surprise…)
27. Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop?
28. Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoo?
NO to piercings (I have a funny story about getting my ears pierced, which explains my aversion. oh, and…NEEDLES). I’m not actively wanting a tattoo, but the idea shoots through my mind randomly. I think I’m going through a bad girl phase.
29. What is the weather like?
IT’S FUCKING COLD.
30. Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos?
31. Is sex before marriage wrong?
No. And sex during marriage isn’t wrong either. :grins:
32. When was the last time you slept on the floor?
Hmm. I have no idea.
33. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
8. Ok, ok… 7. But I can do 3. But I prefer 10.
34. Are you in love or lust?
35. Are your days full and fast-paced?
My mind instantly jumped to work, and my work answer is that it depends if there is a security incident to handle.
36. Do you pay attention to calories on the back of packages?
Well, I look at them and think, “wow, that’s a lot of calories” or “wow, that’s not many calories” then I shove the food in my mouth anyway.
37. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
38. Are you picky about spelling and grammar?
I am much more laid back about it than I used to be. That said, I have to proof my own blog entries about 12 times — before, during, and after they’re published.
39. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Asked and answered. But I absolutely love going to amusement parks so I hope there are many more in my future (hint hint hint hint HINT, hi, hint).
40. Do you get along better with the same or opposite sex?
Depends, but generally guys and I get along much better. I’m not very girlie.
41. Do you like cottage cheese?
I :heart: cottage cheese! Thanks, Gram, for making me eat it as a kid.
42. Do you sleep on your side, tummy, or back?
Sides, although my best sleep is when I am so tired that I can fall asleep on my back or stomach.
43. Have you ever bid for something on eBay?
Yes? I’ve definitely bought on eBay.
44. Do you enjoy giving hugs?
Yes, and I give really good hugs, as a few of you know.
45. What song did you last sing out loud? Sabotage by Beasties.
46. What is your favorite TV show?
“10 Items or Less” and “Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Gauntlet III” tie for first because I have them both through iTunes and I’m not done watching them.
47. Which celebrity, dead or alive, would you want to have lunch with?
I’m absolutely certain this is a trick question. I suck at this question. … Matt Damon? Since, ya know, I am fucking him.
48. Last time you had butterflies in your stomach?
The very late evening of February 14.
49. What one thing do you wish you had?
FFiB (He’s not here right now, please leave a message. *beep*)
50. Favorite lyrics?
You know my answer would be arbitrary anyway so I’ll just be cute and say “it’s classified!” and not give one.
No good? Ok, ok, how about Don’t Let’s Start by the Johns:
You know I want you (yes, you!) to do this meme, but I don’t like pressuring people into doing things. So… yah.
A few days ago I went into the magical bathroom and found a box from Canadialand with Allie standing over it mewing. I brought the box to the counter space next to the kitchen sink and while I was trying to open it Georgie jumped up and stood on the box, sniffing it all over. I finally safely opened the box without hurting Georgie and she immediately jumped into the box. I was able to rescue the card that was in the box, but that’s as far as I got before Georgie dominated the box, then Ripley dominated the box, then Allie dominated the box for the rest of the evening.
Inside the box:
Georgie and cat toys.
Sour sent me a video explaining the box’s contents, which is for me personally, but she said I could add screenshots, so….
Sour explains each of the cat toys in the box
Sour explains that I say Awesome! a lot (which I do)
Sour explains that I need a hand clapper for Guitar Hero 3 so I don’t have to clap for myself when I do Awesome! (so true)
Sour explains that I should have guitar-y things affixed to my shirt as I rock out to GH3 (um, YAH!)
Finally, and most importantly, here are clips of Georgie and Ripley enjoying the box contents (Allie was feeling shy):
Georgie is excited about what’s in the box
Ripley loves her new ball on a stick, and is especially grateful since she totally lost her fishie on a stick
Thank you so much, sweetie. We appreciate all the gifts, and we appreciate you. :smiles: :love:
I am very, very, very, very, very, very, very tired today. Coffee is not doing the trick today.
This morning there was a snowstorm here but I had an 8:00am meeting even though I go to work for 8:30am. I trudged all the way into work, got here early so got coffee and chatted with people and dumped my stuff off then headed to the meeting. Got there at 8:10am (oops) but was the. first. one. there. so didn’t feel bad about that. I’m pretty sure that was a big waste of my life, two hours that will never be given back to me, but… such is life.
SUPPOSEDLY Break Boy and I are hosting the second Wii party tonight, rescheduled from a few weeks back, but we’ll see if weather and people change that. I wouldn’t mind if it got cancelled, just cuz I am currently in that tired state and playing GH3 when tired sucks ass because my timing gets half a note off and I clunk all the notes and get frustrated and cry (ok, I don’t cry, but it’s funnier if I say that I do). But my brother is supposed to show up, and you all know I :pinkpuffyheart: my brother, so I kinda don’t want it to get cancelled.
I did an entire meme last night to be published this morning but Firefox and WordPress tag teamed it by eating it. Bastards. So, here it is AGAIN but note that this is take 2 because I couldn’t tell ya what take 1 was (my FF doesn’t remember its history by default, even though the options are NOT set to NOT remember history… gotta :love: it). So, thanks to my girl Sour for this meme. RULES: You go to Wikipedia and click on ‘random article’ in the left-hand navbar, and the first article title is your band name. Then click ‘random article’ again, that is your album name. Then click ‘random article’ another however many times, and those are your album tracks.
Yesterday at 4pm I received a call to my cell phone from a number that looked vaguely familiar. The three weird things about this: Calls usually don’t reach me at my cell when I’m at my abode because the cell coverage of my town absolutely sucks; that number looked familiar enough that it should have been programmed in my phone (and, turns out, it was); the call never registered in my received calls list. Turns out it was Partner in Crime calling to ask me to kittysit Nigel at the very last minute, as he and Lovely Wife were leaving on a red eye today to visit grandparents with their new baby. He came over and quickly dropped off keys for me to break into his home while he is away then he left. I have been invited to eat all their food, drink all their liquids, steal all their DVDs, and hang out with Nigel as much as I want.
A bit later last night I spoke with Sour and let her know that I would finally be able to take photographic evidence of Nigel’s existence, and she did her version of squeeing. So, I’ll have kitty pictures to post that are someone else’s kitty. Soon. -ish. While no one’s reading but Sour. :winks:
It is going to seem non sequitur to mention that I love watching documentaries, especially multi-part ones where there is so much material to cover that the documentary is forced into segments, and ones that focus on individual or family lives rather than causes or organizations. Well, sorta true. Morgan Spurlock fighting McDonald’s or Michael Moore fighting the George W. Bush corporation also count as favorite documentaries. Anyway, continuing on the last night theme, I finished watching the 8-part documentary Nimrod Nation which follows a community in the Upper Peninsula (UP) of Michigan. This is basketball country, and hunting country, and doing-stupid-things-while-drunk-in-the-snow-country. Whenever I watch reality or documentary shows about high school sports I totally get sucked into the sports aspect. When the Watersmeet HS boys-almost-men were playing ball I kept cheering them on, yelling when they made sucky shots, praising them when they did those 3-pointers. I just got into the whole spectator part of basketball as if I watch it all the time and the Watersmeet Nimrods are my favorite high school team (which, let’s face it, they’re the only team I know about right now, so they are my favorite by default). I struggle a little with this only because I know I’m really supposed to be focused on the Life of the People, but I’m getting sucked into the Drama of the Sport. Anyone who isn’t a jock has been annoyed at least once about the Privilege afforded to jocks. These guys got escorted by a fire truck and a sheriff to their final game. If I’m having surrogate quadruplets for Bill Gates (ew, shush, stop making me think about this) in the back seat of a car I’m not getting that treatment, but these guys are local heroes, dammit, so they get the escort!
At some point yesterday (7pm Eastern) I listened in on Fab and Robin’s anti-Christmas show because I wanted to know what an anti-Christmas show was all about. I cannot tell you how much I laughed at Brad* Fab for continuing to mistakenly say my real first name over the radio instead of “Poppy”. I am absolutely certain he did that shit on purpose (Just kidding! I understand why, Fab, totally my fault. Some day I’ll figure out how to get into the raucous chat room once my density wears off.), but most people who know “Poppy” know my real first name so it wasn’t a big deal.
I seem to have done a lot of things yesterday that I can’t quite mention here, none of which were nefarious, but I’d like to cryptically say that I am very proud of a-certain-blogger-who-knows-who-they-are for making a major life breakthrough even though it totally shakes up their life permanently and irrevocably. :smiles: I mean it, sweetie. Life is an adventure. Allow yourself to experience it.
Today’s accomplishments: Being nice in traffic and letting 4 cars go at various points in my travels to and from the post office to mail a bill. Two of those cars were firefighter vehicles (a volunteer vehicle and an official business SUV). I am still looking for my opportunity to do as Crys suggested and pay for coffee, lunch, snack, dinner, whatever for a serviceman or servicewoman to show my appreciation for their protection of our country so that I can continue a reasonable amount of spouting off at the mouth without fear of punishment. (Crys, the gun show photo and caption still makes me giggle.) No other accomplishments of today are as important as being nice to my Fellow Man.
Although, trying to be random under pressure might actually prove to be hard… hmmm, we’ll see.
Rules: Blog 10 random things, facts, goals or habits about yourself. At the end, choose 8 people to be tagged and list their names.
1. I recently told my boss that “security conferences are like an amusement park to my mind.” (That’s a direct email quote.)
2. I have had discussions with my brother about disaster recovery planning in the event of a zombie attack. And, after the afternoon staff meeting today, I’ve now had the same discussion with all my co-workers! (I was not the one to bring it up, which amuses me.)
3. Despite having been on the internet since I was 13 (that’s 20 years for you math nerds), I am just as naive and trusting as I was on day 1. Sour will be assisting me with this problem I have. (Thank you, Sour. :love: )
4. I wear jeans almost every day of my life. If I’m not wearing jeans in public then I’m not comfortable.
5. I can talk myself down from anxiety attacks if I am in public with the logic that having one in front of strangers would be very embarrassing but cannot apply the same logic when in private. One would argue this is because there are no strangers in private, and one would be correct.
6. Back to the pants thing, I am wearing the same jeans today as I wore yesterday because I look cute in them and why the hell not? (This is not a normal occurrence. I almost always wear clean jeans, and almost almost almost always wear different jeans from day to day.)
7. I am really surprised I don’t have a Random category. I should fix that. … Oh, here it is! It’s Miscellaneous T! Leave it to me to name my random category after They Might Be Giants. :winks:
8. I am impressed that Liss knows what her biggest fear is. I have no idea what mine is. Currently I fear nothing. It’s disturbing to fear nothing.
9. I have no life plan anymore, and I kinda dig that most days, kinda super-fucking-hate it other days, and that’s ok by me.
10. I’m an enigma wrapped in a pony. (heheheehehehehehehe) And a little crazy.
Tagged: Anyone who: feels they should be; doesn’t have anything else to post about and needs something; never raised their hand in class because they didn’t want to be called on; is right-handed. :pfft:
*I will likely meet Sour as well, just hasn’t worked out yet. And if I meet Sour then I should totally see K too. And probably Stef, maybe. And if I return to Florida then Fab and Mrs. Fab. And if I return to Texas then Abs and Wah. But THAT’S IT! (Except it probably totally isn’t. We should have a Poppystock but without the drugs and free love.)